Royston Blythe himself is one of the UK’s most in-demand hairdressers from clients, celebrities, and the media alike.
After making a name for himself for his stunning work in areas including fashion shows, wedding hair, education and stage work, Royston established the salon under his own name in 1989. Partner Nick Malenko makes up the other half of the renowned Royston Blythe brand, and together they have led the salon to international acclaim.
As International Ambassadors for industry leaders L’Oreal, Royston and Nick travel the globe as educators, advisors, competition judges, and spokespersons for the brand.
They are in constant demand from the UK and international media, and have worked with GMTV, Wedding TV, Sky One, and Fashion TV, as well as with the leading consumer magazine titles including OK!, Tatler, Hello, Vogue, Cosmopolitan, and Marie Claire.
Their work has also been seen on the London catwalks alongside top designer Christian Lacroix, at the Monte Carlo Grand Prix, and of course on a host of well-known stars of film and television.
The extensive catalogue of competition successes is a testament to the talent and skill of Royston, Nick, and their team of dedicated staff. They include:
• Winner of Fellowship of British Hairdressing; Image of The Year
• Winner of Fellowship of British Hairdressing; International FAME Team
• Winner of the Clothes Show Hairdresser of the Year
• Winner of Tigi Visionary Image of the Year
• Winner of Tigi Style Award Image of the Year
• Finalist at British Hairdressing Awards; Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year
• Finalist at British Hairdressing Awards; Artistic Team of the Year
• Finalist at British Hairdressing Awards; Newcomer of the Year
• Finalist at British Hairdressing Awards; Men’s Image
• Finalist at British Hairdressing Awards; Colourist of the Year
• National Finalist of L’Oreal Colour Trophy; Men’s Image
• National Finalist of L’Oreal Colour Trophy; Women’s Image
Despite their success, Nick and Royston are known for their warm, down-to-earth personas, and their enjoyment in doing hair for everyone; young and old, new and established clients, from film stars to busy working mums, and everyone in between.
This outlook on life and their work is also noticeable throughout the salon; the atmosphere is buzzing but unassuming, and our young and trendy team endeavour to make everyone feel relaxed and welcome.